Not just in MB factories but in general cars are PKW's whereas trucks are LKW. However in general talk cars are reffered to as auto's. Trucks are shortened to lastwagen.

Hendrik

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher McCann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:53 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 300?TD/TE W126...did it ever exist?

Yes - PersonnenKraftWagen...kraft means strength...maybe it means something else too...? But PKW would include ALL passenger cars, but not trucks or busses. minivans...don't know.

 Chris

Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Just to confuse matters even more, in German MB factories cars are referred
to as PKW  (personnenwagon I  think)

And we always thought our German cousins were SO organized!  (Maybe that is
just trains)

Loren
Lotsa MBs