You no read Ned's fun comparison?
In case you missed it:

I recently came across an enthusiast's article about the 1970 Mercedes
300SEL 6.3.
The numbers in the article sounded really familiar.  They were very close
to the numbers of my 2006 E320 CDI.  So I looked specs of both cars and
made this table:

Year                         ~1970                            ~2006

Model                     300SEL 6.3                   E320 CDI

Curb wt                    4035 lb                        3835 lb

Wheel Base              112.8 in                     112.4 in

Length                       196.9 in                     189.7 in

Width                           71.3 in                      71.3 in

Height                         57.9 in                       57.0 in

Engine                      6.3 liter SI                    3.2 liter CI

Type                          DOHC V8                  DOHC I6 Turbo

Fuel                          Gasoline                     Diesel

Power                       250 hp                        201 hp

Torque                     369 lb-ft                       369 lb-ft

Transmission            4–spd auto                5-spd auto

0 to 60                       6.5 sec                       6.6 sec

¼ mile                         15.1 sec                   15.3 sec

Top Speed               137 mph                      130 mph

Fuel Mileage           ~ 15.2 mpg                  27 city / 37 hwy mpg

Hwy Range              410 mi on 27 gal        740 mi on 20 gal

Base Price               $14,500                        $51,050