On 8/10/2014 3:29 AM, Fmiser via Mercedes wrote:
The supply seemed endless, even though I well knew it wasn't.
Nevertheless, while the cardboard box is not quite empty yet, it
will be soon...

And then - when the last 35mm film canister is gone - what will I
use to store small parts?  I never had very many of the metal ones,
but those are quite nice.  The plastic ones - both Kodak style and
Fuji style - are keeping many dozens of things safe and organized
around here.

All those years of saving all my canisters.  Think of all those
rolls of film, and all those photos! Well, except for bulk loaded
rolls.  And somehow I have used them.  I even have a couple
salt/pepper shaker tops for the Kodak canisters.

I have been on the lookout for a replacement, but I haven't
stumbled onto anything yet.  Soon it could be a crisis.

Meanwhile, how do you folks store lawnmower needle valves,
or tire valve stem cores, or #2 screws, or ear plugs, or safety
pins, or a bit of grease to carry in the tool box, or the pieces
that fell out of the zoom lens when it failed?

--  Philip
Like Mitch, I use various sizes of small prescription bottles for very small parts.  For larger
parts I use heavy duty snack, sandwich, pint, quart, gallon, and 2 gallon plastic "press and
seal" bags, but never the kind with a "slider" since the slider usually fails fairly
soon.  These bags are stored in double grocery bags, the height of which is cut to fit the shelf
they will go on. All the plastic bags are labeled with a Sharpie or paper press-on labels unless
they are common parts visible through the transparent bags; primary fuel filters, for example.  The
plastic bag system works very well for dirty greasy used parts I want to save but don't want to
bother cleaning before storage.  Carefully put in a plastic bag, they can be stored anywhere
without getting other items dirty and greasy.
Gerry