I much prefer that sort of ride in a classic car than in a newer import.  There
are many lower cost "volks" wagons on the road that do much the same rattle,
jounce, and noise, but with much less elan.  Toyota and all that like are so
loosely built they make long drives very stressful.

#1 boy was co-pilot for the AlCan drive with SWMBA.  Five days on the road had
him jangled and near orgasmic to get behind the wheel of his 92 300SE.   Two
decade old plush ride was luxe compared to the four year old Rav 4.   La-Z-boy
recliner v. radio flyer wagon.

Gump was a nice ride for a 40 year old car.  Not so luxe as the E300D, but both
had great road feel and were fun to drive.  The w124 was great for cross
country drives.  The w115 would tire you out after 6 hours on the freeway.
Then, again, six hours on the BMW R65 required and delivered the same
excitement and race consciousness.  You have to pay attention and experience
the whole ride, not just snuggle into the sofa and snooze along at speed.

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers