On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 5:56 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone here has used Wordpress for putting a web site
> together. It looks like it's pretty user friendly and it's platform
> agnostic for the most part as well, since everything takes place on the
> server. Lots and lots of plugins, too.

I have; all of my wife's sites were set up with WP so I wouldn't have to
provide maintenance beyond setup and upgrades.  It is very configurable,
even for individual pages.  The "blog" format is good for anything that is
serial, like car jobs or posting pictures, but you can also use it as a
container for a set of static pages.

There have been a lot of exploits in WP and plugins recently, so if you go
that route make sure you get on the mailing lists and/or go with a
reputable WP hosting company, and make sure you don't have anything
sensitive on your hosting machine.

Best,
Tim