The 7" Hellas I used in my '81 300D slipped right in as direct replacements for factory originals. I may still have the boxes they came in. I'll try to find the boxes and identify the lamps more specifically.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "G. M. Brown via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2014 1:11 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Hella quartz halogen headlights

I've recently seen some of you post that you've converted
to Hella quartz halogen headlights.  I see that Amazon has these (HELLA
002395991 7" H4 Type Single High/Low Beam Headlamp) for $37.07 with
free shipping.  This may be a silly question, but is this
a direct drop in without having to rewire the standard headlight plug in
my '84 300D?  Also, in case I may not be happy with the light output,
has anyone substituted the 100/80W bulbs for the standard 60/55W bulbs?
TIA.

G. M. Brown

Brevard, NC

All posts are the result of individual contributors and as such, those individuals are responsible for the content of the post. The list owner has no control over the content of the messages of each contributor.