Mountain Man via Mercedes wrote:

does anyone use vintage scale to recommend?
anyone want to sell decent scale/balance?
i see swiss made 50g scales but they fetch $$.
thanks.

I always liked the 2610 gram triple beam Ohaus. (need accessory weights to go over 610g)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OHAUS-Triple-Beam-Balance-Ink-Scale-/121421705001?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c454c2f29

It pivots on what look to be agate bearings.
The factory shipping carton held the pan up on a styrofoam platform IIRC so that the bearings didn't get hammered. If I bought a used one to have shipped to me, I'd make them put pieces of rubber hose or something over the steel triangles that sit on the stone bearings.

Mitch.