The most pragmatic approach would be to ride to the bus stop, put the bike
on the bus' front rack, ride 5 miles to the bike path, and then ride the 9
miles from there to my office opposite Nationals Park.  BTW, I boldly
predict that the Nats will win the World Series to the shock and dismay of
all baseball pundits, none of whom takes the team seriously.