I noticed there is a nice looking 90 or 91 300SE in the autotrader locally for 5k or so. Anyways, the fuel filter is more of a hassle than the diesels, its righ next the the right rear tire, under the car. You have to loosen the bracket, remove the lines and pull it out. Will also probalby have to remove the protective cover as well.

Donald Snook wrote:

I will be flying out to Tampa this Friday for my Rendezvous with my new
car.  The seller is meeting me at the airport. He will have title in
hand and I will have check to present to him.  Here's is my question.
Where is the fuel filter on a M103?  Is it as easy to change as on the
diesels - i.e. spin on?  The spark plugs are probably fairly accessible
given the fact that it is a straight six.  Any weird maintenance quirks
I need to know about the M103 or the 126?  Things like coolant flushes,
power steering fluid changes, transmission fluid changes, and brakes
will be fairly standard, so I won't have to (get to) learn anything new
about that.   I just thought about it, I have no idea where the oil
filter is? Is it as much of a pain as on the 123/124 diesels?   Any
thoughts would be great?
Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 122K arriving soon

1992 Olds 98 Regency 121K For Sale