ATTABOY!

Wilt

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Hawkins Java via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "mercedes@okiebenz.com" <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2014 8:40 PM
Subject: [MBZ] 1982 300td travel

Folks

I went on another jaunt in the 82 300td that we recently reattached the mini folds on and rebuilt the turbo and replaced the oil pan and turbo drain seals etc.

Left friday afternoon for washington dc hauling a load of valuable paintings and prints from a recent art show here. Went to somewhere in the shenandoah valley, fri nite (maybe harrisonburg). Slept in a crummy motel fri nite. Got going about noon went to DC and dropped the art. Left DC about 6 pm in a mess of traffic saturday. I intended to stay with a friend in richmond, but he was fighting with his wife or something, so he met me at the interstate in richmond about 8.30 pm (actually the bus station, right off of i-95 where i gave him a couple of HIS paintings that were in the show, then i decided to push on to athens, ga …. only about another 480 miles.

I reached athens about 5.30 am.

I ran about 62 to 72 mph indicated (depending on speed limits). I was dragging a trailer the entire way and hauling about 60 gallons of WVO on that since the car was full of art.

So yesterday i ran about 750 miles all at the speed limit on WVO dragging a trailer.

The car used no oil and all i did on the 1200 mile round trip was check the oil a few times

And i was paid a pile of $$ for the trip.
thanks,

xx rick
Rick Hawkins

www.javaphoto.com
www.javacycles.com
LETTERPRESSES FOR SALE
www.ricktheprinter.com
www.letterpressmachinery.com

All posts are the result of individual contributors and as such, those individuals are responsible for the content of the post. The list owner has no control over the content of the messages of each contributor.