The 240D got loud today. Discovered the patch pipe just to the rear of the bend in the downpipe was cracking at the weld. Further investigation led to a thumb sized hole on the inside.

Well, it needs a new pipe...Same as it did maybe 15 years ago.

I took two hose clamps and a piece of heavy flashing that I have been tempted to throw out several times, but saved for some reason. Put the car up on ramps, crawled under, wrapped the flashing around, put the hose clamps on it and tightened up the clamps.

Diesel Muffler bandaid 101. It will probably last for 5 years, then I will replace the flashing again. That should be good until 2024.

123 Diesels are great, but I love the OM603 too!

Oh, By the way, 15 years ago, I didn't buy a new pipe. That is when the patch pipe was welded in.