Ralph Robertson via Mercedes wrote:
My 300SDL transmission shifts very nicely thru all the gears, however, when
putting the car in gear originally from neutral it goes into gear rather
harsh, also, when I put the car into reverse; the same thing.  Quite a
difference in shifting from the normal forward gears shifting on the go.
Can this be addressed thru some adjustment?

Might be a real easy adjustment.
What's your idle speed?

Mitch.