It is hard to find speakers small enough. I think they are 3.5". I found
some slightly bigger and just crammed them in there. The grilles fit back
over but just barely. It sounds better but not a whole lot. I run an
aftermarket Kenwood. Consider putting a subwoofer under a seat or in the
emergency kit space. There is no resonance at all in the rear speaker mount
locations, so no bass. Careful not to crack the dash when smashing the
front speakers into submission. Yes I know this is from August. I did this
speaker R/R back in about 2003. Still sounds fine. Do a search and you will
find some threads about the car and what speakers work.