On Jan 19, 2006, at 3:15 PM, Tim C wrote:

Huh - never had a bike, so don't know. I was just making a guess as to why motorcyclists might get to do their own. Thought maybe the nozzle didn't fit in right for the cutoff to work (however it works) - I've observed some
motorcyclists holding the nozzle at odd angles etc....  I also seem to
remember something about the law being amended on safety grounds with
motorcycles for some reason - but I'm really grasping at straws of vague
memories now.

So, yeah, who knows - laws and "reasons" for them are often simply
maddening.

Basically, the reason is for the safety of the attendant. Many have caught an ass whoppin' for spilling fuel on custom paint jobs, hot engines and biker's crotches.

Johnny B
iMac therefore I am