The shade of blue reminds me: In early spring of '52, when I was 17, I was nearing high school graduation, and of course, wanted to attend the associated functions. The fashion for boys attending such functions at that time was a dark blue suit. I had not a "proper" suit since I was 10, and Mom and Dad could not afford to buy one for me. I had been working part-time in a grocery store for a couple of years, so I was making a "little bit" of money, but I didn't have enough to buy a suit. About this time a traveling salesman came along selling suits made-to-order. Such a suit would cost me $50 paid in five ten-dollar payments. I agreed to the plan, picked out the material and color from the salesman's swatches, and he took my measurements and had the suit tailored. I made the appropriate payments, and the suit arrived a day or two before the first graduation function. I got a quite surprise when I opened the package to find a suit in THAT shade of blue - a BRIGHT, royal blue! It was the material and color I had picked via the small swatches, and I was terribly disappointed, but I never said a word about it to anybody - just wore the embarrassing suit to the graduation functions and never wore it again.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "dseretakis--- via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com> To: "Andrew Strasfogel" <astrasfo...@gmail.com>; "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2:31 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Blue W123 carpet set - really?

An attractive shade of blue but not for a car!

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 29, 2014, at 10:24 AM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Has anyone seen this shade of blue?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-W123-240-240D-280-300D-300TD-1977-1985-CARPET-SET-BLUE-/321563391305?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4adeabf549&vxp=mtr

All posts are the result of individual contributors and as such, those individuals are responsible for the content of the post. The list owner has no control over the content of the messages of each contributor.