My wife saw something similar this last week. She saw a car with the passenger front wheel wobbling back and forth about 6 inches and the passenger leaning out the window, half out of the car, trying to see why the car was shaking. This was in the city and I assume the driver must have clobbered a curb quite hard.

A few years back my sister in law came over and once in the house, asked if I would look at her car as it seemed odd on the drive over from her place. It was a Maza 626 so still a rear drive. The rear driver's side tire was so flat it was off the rim. I jacked it up and had to use a rope wrapped around the middle and twisted to get it back on the bead so that I could re-inflate it.

She is also the one who parked that car in her parking spot and then the next time she backed it out of the parking spot, it acted odd. It would only turn in the one direction and not in the other. She called her brother to ask him to look at it. He did and discovered that the steering box was no longer attached to the frame. The car was so rusty that the uni-body frame had disintigrated where the box mounted.

That was a blue car. She later had a brown one that was the same year and model. There was no floor left in it by the time she gave it up. She had 2X4s lenthwise under the driver's seat so that it would not fall out onto the road. I was concerned that she might literally go through the floor if she hit a bad pothole or rough railway tracks and kill herself.

That is long ago and she has a good job and a new vehicle now.

RB