IMO the w124s were easier to keep pristine - as yours and mine are. The 123's are great cars and very utilitarian but the rust bug loves them. All the plastic on the 124s really keep the rust at bay.

The 124 is my wife's daily driver but she'd like something other than a MB just as a change but I don't think I can find anything that will have the build quality (yeah, I know) the MBs have so we will have something for many years.

LarryT
78 240D
91 300D