Which reminds me of 2 things.
#1. Angie is making beef stew for dinner and I'd like to have a baked potato with it, fortunately we have many potatoes, I brought around 30# back from camp with me.
and
#2. While we were at camp with a 50# bag of potatoes we decided to make french fries with lard. Boy howdy how lard provides flavor to french fries. Its also very very easy to make fries in lard, easier than vegetable oil actually although I'm not sure I understand why...
-Curt

#2: Yes sir! Why do you think MickeyD fought for so long to use lard? I can also tell you that there is no good tortilla made without home rendered lard, not the plasticized store stuff. It makes an amazing difference.