On Nov 21, 2014 1:17 PM, "Curt Raymond via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> I feel like the right has done itself a disservice by claiming that
global warming is a myth. They could accurately claim that man-made causes
of global warming is a myth but the earth is warming and sea levels are
rising but to say there is no global warming just doesn't make any sense...

I'm not sure the deniers were the ones that advocated that global warming
as a myth.  I remember hearing the arguments that human-caused CO2
emissions were irrelevant relative to the rest of the sources of CO2, and
that rising temperatures might be good, as far back as the mid-90s when
Larry Burkett was talking about it.  I suspect the "climate change denier"
was just a shorthand that got a lot of media play.  Now that's all muddied
by people who think they are supposed to believe whatever because it was on
TV, but I don't think the leadership has changed much.

If nothing else, the whole thing is an object lesson in being careful to
frame your position from the outset.  For example, rather than "a
vermin-infested wreck rusting away," I prefer to think of the 300D as a
"pre-restoration example of mid-twentieth century engineering."

Best,
Tim