My dad had one of those, I learned to cuss from him when he was trying to start it.

-R

On 1/1/15 1:12 PM, WILTON via Mercedes wrote:
My thought, too, on winding a spring to start it. Reminds me of a rotary mower I bought from Sears in 1961. I'd lift the "crank" handle, turn it counterclockwise to wind a spring, then stow the crank handle to release the spring to turn the engine. Easiest, best-starting mower I've had; used it nearly 30 years.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curly McLain via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2015 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Your OT automotive pR0n for the day

>http://jalopnik.com/watch-a-28-5l-fiat-start-for-the-first-time-in-a-centur-1665309191/all

--R

THat is impressive. A whole chevy 454 in each cylinder. I whole IH /ford powerchoke in each cylinder.

It appeared though that the crank compressed a spring or something that was released to actually turn over the engine. I don't think that anyone short of paul bunyan could directly crank a 28L 4 cyl fast enough to start it.

All posts are the result of individual contributors and as such, those individuals are responsible for the content of the post. The list owner has no control over the content of the messages of each contributor.