Wilton recalled the story of the five Sullivans in WW2:

  I opened the paper and saw the headline above a photo of five US Navy
>  sailors, the Sullivan brothers, recently lost at sea when their ship, the
>  USS Juneau, was sunk by a Japanese submarine.  I had heard about the
> tragedy
>  on the radio and had heard adults talking about it.  When I saw the
>  headline, "THEY DIED NOT IN VAIN," I got very excited and said to Daddy,
>  "Look, they didn't die!  It says here, 'THEY DIED NOT'!"

Wilton,

A Fletcher class destroyer bore the name "The Sullivans" and if I recall
correctly she was the first US Navy ship to be named for more than one
person.

This ship is part of the Buffalo Naval museum on Lake Erie; my mother in
law spent quite a few nights aboard her as part of the Erie County Sea
Cadets detachment.  Make sure you go visit the ship if you're in the area!

Tony Wirtel