If you go to the federal trade commission website, they list the international cashiers chec scam as one of the top scams going on in the country. It's really getting bad. I think someone may have even created a program to automaticaly respond to everything on Craigslist because when I've listed things there, al lthe responses were from cashiers check scammers and most were a form letter that didn't even mention the item listed, it would just say something like "your item" or "your Product" These clowns bid up cars on ebay all the time too. I bought a volvo diesel from a guy last year that I knew, I thought he had sold the car already, he had listed it on ebay, a scammer had the high bid, he listed it again, a different scammer had the high bid, he finally gave up ( good for me, bad for him ) I got ahold of him 5 months later just to see, and he still had the car and i lucked out, but that guy got stabbed for listing fees on ebay. i don't know if he ever got out of that due to non paying bidder or not.