Brian Chase wrote:
Is this in keeping with your experince, list? I received my new ignition tumbler today (c. $85). The guy told me it is "coded" to my existing key, but said it would come with a key included for that price. But it did not come with a key.

Called him, he said, oh, the deal where it's coded to your existing key, is that it doesn't come with a key.

Fortunately, I did order an "extra" key, thinking we'd wind up with two new steel, dealer-issued keys. But we'll make due with the one, and use the brass copy for backup.

Every tumbler I've ever ordered (at least 3 of them - maybe 4) came with a key - ordering one without the key was NOT an option (I've tried).

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi