Okay so its not that cold by real cold standards. We've gotten as low as -11F
but last week it rained and I found that two of my snowmobiles had frozen to
the ground.The skis usually stick to the ground after a ride, I think they warm
up some from the friction and then freeze later.
So anyway this happened to me once before and I ruined the weights inside a
clutch getting that one free so I wanted a better method. Guys online suggested
boiling water so I hauled out some big pots and boiled them up. Took about 5
gallons of fresh of the stove boiling water EACH to get the two machines free.
Fortunately the track wasn't stuck on either of them, that'd be a bear.
Anyway I got them both parked up on 2x4s so they won't do that again. Amazing
that in 8 years of living here I've only had that happen twice. Of course for
it to occur it has to rain and then get real cold...
Afterward Angie helped me pull the machine with the stuck (I'm calling it stuck
and not seized, it makes it sound better) engine up next to the garage where I
can more easily pull the engine out. We managed that would either of us yelling
or anything, not a bad day. ;)
-Curt