so do tell about the new S class

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

<<thats because your cheap class woger :)>>

Yes, you are right. Cars like mine are unwelcome, discussion-wise, on this list, Banned and Ritter's list and always have been. They have their problems but few are shared with the old stuff's engineering errors. Now it's new engineering errors. My car doesn't have oil leaks, aux fans, an AC compressor clutch, subframes and their rubber mounts and all that old timey crap. Instead, it has memory problems periodically and a bit of low-rent hardware, some of which has been replaced under warranty. For example, at the moment the right side mirror has forgotten that it is supposed to tilt down when reverse is selected. Automotive Alzheimer's.

As to the comment that the R/E sans E list is devoted to the new stuff, boy is that wrong. Just like this list and Banned and R/E, not to mention the foundering MBCA forum, most of the posts relate to the sacred 300SDL, the 560SEL and 240Ds. Reliability nightmares such as the 140 are mentioned from time to time and 201 questions, rarely, but it's the 126 that rules the roost. And of course, when Ritter still owned his shop, it was in his best interests to praise the older cars because that was what he made his living from and not the under-warranty cars. I'm sure I wasn't the only one to pickup on that.

I toyed with the idea of mentioning that I inspected an '07 S550 (MBUSA owned) on the floor at my dealer's this week, perhaps describing how it makes the W220 look like very old news. But, I knew, sure as hell someone would wet their pants, claiming that a 35 year old diesel made more sense.

The Oral Roberts comment reminded me that decades ago, 60 Minutes did a piece on the Oral Roberts family and their University. They were interviewed on their patio, flashing their diamond pinkie rings. What I do recall were the two new black 560SELs in the drive.
RLE