Reminds me of the time I thought one of our snowmobiles had a seized
engine.

We had a set of stairs leading from the side yard down into the heated
basement, just big enough to get the snowmobile down the single flight.
Garage was not heated, I thought I needed to rebuild or replace the engine,
so we moved it down into the basement, which wasn't too hard with gravity
helping.

As soon as it was in, I started taking it apart  and quickly found ice had
frozen in place the ring gear for the electric start.

Duh!

Let the ice melt, engine started fine, called neighbors (big farm boys)
because we needed some real muscle to get that sled back out of the
basement...

Max Dillon,
Charleston SC