Around here you can buy a used police car for minimal money.
If you can live with white, then they are very common. There are likely unmarked cars in other colors too. Not sure how worn out they are but they generally only have about 125K miles on them.

RB

On 12/01/2015 3:10 PM, Donald Snook via Mercedes wrote:
Sounds like way too much work to me.  I buy cars for cash.  I hate payments.  I
drive them for a while and sell them and find another.  Your idea is
interesting, but isn't that the idea behind the Mercury Marauder?

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Bennell [mailto:rbenn...@bennell.ca]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2015 2:57 PM
To: Donald Snook; Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] specific MB suggestions

On 12/01/2015 11:48 AM, Donald Snook via Mercedes wrote:
It is funny that you should mention this.  I found a 1995 Lincoln Town Car with
only 35,000 miles for sale.  It is in spectacular shape.  I am just trying to
convince myself that driving a 20 year old Lincoln is a good idea.

Find a 2011 Town Car. I believe that was the last one.
Upgrade the suspension to use the parts from the Police Interceptor Crown
Victoria.
Swap in a Coyote engine from an F150 or Mustang and the newer 6 speed
transmission.

A bit of work but you would have a nice big car that should handle ok and go
pretty good.
Mileage will be pretty decent too if you keep your foot out of it most of the
time.

I actually considered this. A friend was selling a 2009 Town Car with about 65K
miles on it. He had a devil of a time selling it. There did not seem to be much
of a market for cars like that.
The folks who want to buy a used 4 door sedan all want a Camry. God help them!

RB