In similar tests I did on my 123, 124 and 126, when I starting sucking the oil from them years ago, I never got even a drop of oil from the drain port after having removed the oil by sucking. My conclusion: Sucking removes more than draining.

'Sorry, I don't know location of bottom of dipstick tube in E320's & C300's.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Koziak via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2015 4:34 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Oil Change Question - Mity Vac Extractor

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a MityVac Oil fluid extractor to make my Mercedes oil changes a little easier. There has been some concern throughout my research that it doesn't get enough oil out and the plug is the best method. To test that I extracted oil from my 2004 E320 4matic and then removed the oil plug to see how much was missed and it was about 1/4 of an ounce. I did spend about an hour insuring that all the oil had returned to the pan after I warmed it up and the ground was level.

I am getting read to change the oil on my daughter's 2011 C300 next week when she visits and here is my question: Should I change it on level ground or will parking on a hill either facing up or down potentially remove more oil? I have a steep driveway. I am basically trying to figure out if the dip stick (where I place the extraction tube) in the front, rear or center of the pan. Anyone know if that would have made a difference when I changed the oil on the 2004 E320?

Also what is the oil capacity of the 2011 C300? Internet research gave me two different capacity numbers.

   Obsessive I know...........

Thanks,

Bob

All posts are the result of individual contributors and as such, those individuals are responsible for the content of the post. The list owner has no control over the content of the messages of each contributor.