On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 18:59:22 -0500 Dan Penoff via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I want to buy him a new (quality) case and power supply so he can
> appreciate the difference that $30-$40 can make in a situation like
> this.

Antec makes good cases.

We used their 4U rackmount cases at the Lab. The folks on the project
were used to the old rackmount cases that made a lot of noise. When I
finally got all the computers for the project assembled, I had the twelve
of them running on a conference room table at once. One of the senior
fellows was astounded that you could barely hear all of them running at
once.

I use their NSK-3480 case here at home. It's a mini-ATX tower with
a 380 W 80Plus rated power supply. We go for the low-power end of things,
so the power supply is way over-rated for the 46 - 50 W our two computers
draw from the wall outlet.

They have a lot of other choices of cases, too, in case your son is a
gamer.

Craig