A rare break in the weather yesterday.  50 and sunny!

I took advantage of the pleasant day to replace the Aux fan on the SDL heap and then I replaced the porcupine on the heater box, taking out the manual switch I installed in Nov to have some defrost.

Now the Heater works as designed.

the plug on the car wiring harness pulled apart when I extracted the plug from the old fan. It pulled out part of one contact. When spring comes, I will need to repair the plug, since the aux fan is not needed in the winter. It may work as is, but I won't count on it.

It is good to know that for a temp fix in the winter to replace the porcupine, you can use a $5 switch in place of the $600 porcupine.

total cost: $50 for parts.

The old heap still  runs like a dream.

Earlier, I found the 30 amp flat fuse holder melted. I bought a automotive plug-in fuse holder at FLAPS and connected it with wire nuts. Not recommended for show cars, but for a heap, it works, and now the fuse is available anywhere.

Now I need a new seat spring. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any of these cars in junkyards near here. There is a 300D 123 in a yard 135 miles away. I think that spring will work, but not positive, so I will probably keep looking for a 126 seat spring.

Curly

86 300SDL et al