Pick and pull engine for $150 (w/ all parts) and the trans would make for a sub $1k car. Then off to Frybrid and have it run of veggie

On Saturday, January 21, 2006, at 11:50 PM, Alex Chamberlain wrote:

On 1/21/06, redghost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/car/126800343.html  --  needs TDI 914

Now THAT'S an idea.  There are plug-n-play kits available to drop a
TDI into a Type II, and IIRC the 914 used a Type II transaxle
(although I'm sure if I'm wrong the air-cooled VW weenies on the list
will pipe up).  Should be an easy project.  The wide torque band of
the TDI engine combined with 914 go-kart handling would make a hell of
an autocrosser.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo
'93 Isuzu Trooper