On Jan 27, 2015 2:34 PM, "Craig via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> How are you guys there? Curt? Fred? Jon?

I have been in Allentown, PA since Saturday; when the news folks started
talking up the Sunday storm I was worried about driving home (later
today).  We got an inch or two, the kids saw some snow blowing and threw
some snowballs.  A "nice" snow, but somewhat cooler than I prefer. :)

Interestingly many of the city roads still aren't cleared from Saturday
morning, and the talk on the streets was that folks were glad it wasn't
worse here Sunday night because "we just aren't prepared like they are up
north" - almost exactly the same conversation I hear when it doesn't snow
in NC.  Given that, I did think it odd that almost every parking lot was
cleared by of the Sunday night snow by early Monday morning.

I observe that some people here cannot drive in any weather, but maybe
those are the New Yorkers.  It was reasonably pleasant on the unscraped
roads, and I didn't hit any interesting ice in the freezing or just above
temps.  I even went without a coat a couple of times.

Hope you folks further north were indeed better prepared, and the rest of
the week has been pleasant.

Best,
Tim