Andrew wrote:
> Those VW buses are worth sick money now.

When we lived in Colorado I bought a '74 bus and rebuilt the engine.
The very nice thing I liked about that bus was the bench seat in front
- no split walkway that most bus seem to have.  Is that front bench
rare?  We got a 6.2 Beanville van after that - so that we could drive
with heat, although in practice, heat is not really necessary in
Colorado winter when the sun is shining.  Oh well.  After living at
Drennan we moved back to rustbelt.

My first car was '54 BelAir 3-speed on column, license plates for rear
floorboard.  My brother and I split the $50 purchase and drove it
quite a bit.  The major work I remember was numerous fix of alternator
brush bracket.
Also at coledg it seems that someone put salt or sugar in the gas tank
and I had to drop the tank to rinse the granular stuff out of the
system so I could drive 300 miles home.  Could that have been
crystalized old fuel?  I learned stick on the Maverick my brother
convinced mom to purchase - nice grabber look-alike.
mao