Stuff like this is a moving target that takes three people and tens of
thousands of dollars of very sophisticated equipment to protect our
organization from such incursions.  The worst part of it is that the authors
will take one piece of malware or a virus/trojan, whatever, and make a minor
tweak to the code that can prevent it from being seen or detected by even the
best antivirus software.

We are a "gold" Symantec customer due to the number of files we submit to them
for further inspection EVERY DAY.

I would add that we use geoblocking as well - that is, blocking IPs and domains
that are in parts of the world that are known to be vectors for this stuff.  No
reason why we should be getting any traffic from those parts of the world,
anyway.

It's job security, man.

Dan