On 13/02/2015 5:14 PM, dseretakis--- via Mercedes wrote:
So as you all know, I replaced that bitch of a hose under the thermostat
housing a few days ago. I drove around town for a few days, no leaks from the
new hose, no overheating. There was however a small amount of coolant loss from
the rubber o ring that goes around the tstat and keeps the housing cover from
leaking. I didn't make anything of it as that tstat has been in and out so many
times that the seal is probably compressed.

Anyway, I need to get this car to MA where it's registered so that I can have
it inspected-already received a fine in the mail.  So I head off to Boston
today from Brunswick, Maine-roughly a 140 mile trip.

The car performed flawlessly, cruising at 65-70 mph, smooth, powerful, temp
holding steady even in some stop and go traffic towards the tail end of the
trip. I was so proud of the little 240D, when literally, as I pull into my
driveway the temp gauge starts rising! So weird. I pop the hood, the upper rad
hoses are super firm, coolant is dripping from rad overflow tube but my newly
replaced hose is not leaking.

Well back to square one!

Once it cools enough that you can open the rad cap - it will be interesting to know how much coolant it has lost.
Could it have leaked enough to cause an issue?

Do you have a pressure test rig to pressurize the system and see if it holds?

RB