I had a BMW once. One day after being only one year old, the car wouldn't
start. It was the O2 sensor.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 17, 2015, at 1:25 PM, Donald Snook via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> I  know this is a Mercedes list, but I am having a problem with my BMW.   It
> is a 2000 BMW 740iL with 216,000 miles.   Yesterday I had to make a trip to a
> town about 35 miles away and it started acting up.  It felt like a misfire.
> If I was going at a constant cruise on the highway (75-80 mph), it was going
> great.  But, when I had to climb a hill or accelerate, it started sort of
> jerking, like a misfire.  It felt like a bad plug or plug wire (I know this
> engine doesn't have wires, but that is what it felt like).   As I went
> further it got worse.   I arrived in the town, took care of my appointment
> and headed back.   Same thing. If I had to accelerate, it started jerking and
> bucking.  At a steady cruise it was fine.   I decided I would replace the
> plugs (I have had it for over 40,000 miles and have not done them).  I think
> they were done previously with a little over 120,000 miles.   I stopped at
> Autozone and got the plugs and headed home.  My house is ten minutes away.
> As I pulle
 d into my subdivision, it stalled.  It would not restart.  It just cranked and
cranked.   So, I am pretty sure that means its fuel.   I parked it on the first
street and walked home (it was only 5-6 blocks).   I thought I would try again
in the morning.  So, my wife and drove over and I tried starting the car.  As
soon as I hit the key, it cranked and turned over, but stumbled and died.
Then, it would only crank --  not start.