The fuel regulator - compensator thingy is the diaphragm containing
looking thing on the side of the fuel distributor (on my 117.985).
Now that I think about it -- i've never looked at a six-banger long
enough to remember what you're dealing with.
Just loked at the Cd for the 300Se, in case it's at all similar -
check out 126 CD1 - program\Engine\103\07-120.pdf