Another knife to keep an eye out for is Forgecraft, long out of manufacture. These are unremarkable looking carbon steel -- watch out for rust! -- but run quite hard, RC 60 or 61 isn't uncommon. They take and hold an incredible edge with minimal work.

I have some Forgecraft knives.  I like them a lot.  Wife won't
use them, she prefers her Henckels (wedding gift) when she's
looking for a knife to leave in the sink, or throw into the
dishwasher.

-- Jim