My guess is that the higher end vehicles tend to be bought by more conservative folks who probably drive more carefully. Don't know how it is where you are, but around here, one is unlikely to see a Subaru up to the speed limit. They tend to be driven by the sort who normally travel slower than necessary. Same with the Toyota Hybrid. Wouldn't want to use fuel so must go slow and bought a big Toyota SUV to be safe so must go slow to be safe.

No idea how the Kia fits into that group. Maybe just dumb luck?

RB