I was not witness to the wheel wiggle visual.  A person could tell that
something was not right and that there was movement of a sort at the wheel
point from inside the car.   It felt to me that the caliper had come loose, or
that a bushing was allowing excess movement when changing direction from
reverse to forward motion, or when braking in reverse.   While the whole circus
was going on,  I was drooling over the three W113 that were waiting to go up on
the lift.  Much consternation and looks of horror were had, which got my
attention, so I went to find out what the excitement was.   Witnesses were
describing immanent catastrophe, so I took them at their word.

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers