At low speeds there is some tepid heat but once we start cruising on the highway, the faster the speed the the colder it gets. Ordinarily I would say this must be the monovalve except that the AC worked flawlessly right
up to November.  Ideas?

100% classic monovalve symptoms.  The rubber diaphragm tears,
it doesn't take long to split open once it starts.

-- Jim