So, I ended up buying the thing after all.  The few nibbles
he had fell through, and he kept lowering the price at me.
What's a poor fellow to do?  He even threw in a couple of
Tek mainframe storage scopes and a current probe to sweeten
the deal...  $4500 when it was all done.  1988 model.

Anyway, the car's not in as good a condition as I remember,
seems more tired-looking now.  He kept it up well, but it's
no showroom piece anymore.  It's very clean and runs strong.
The car _is_ a repaint, that is now clear.  The tach recently
stopped working, and it needs a new thermostat and a hood
release cable, which broke the morning he was to bring it
over.  The latter two parts are on order.  Heat seems to
work, modulo the thermostat thing, as does the cruise control.
There's a split in the passenger seat bottom panel.

Fix and flip is the order of the day.  It's not superior
to either car we already have, though it does have Z-rated
racing type tires on it.  He runs 60psi in them (which they're
rated for), based on tire face temperatures after a hard run.
They're in excellent condition.

-- Jim