On 1/24/06, Alex Chamberlain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I saw one today and laughed and laughed!  A Dodge 500.  It looked just
> like an Aries with a vinyl roof.
>
> Alex Chamberlain
> '87 300D Turbo

It *was* an Aries with a Vinyl roof, and if memory serves there was
not a Dodge 500 (unless you count the Daytona 500) there was a Dodge
400, a Dodge 600 and a Dodge 600ES. The 400 and 600 were called "Super
K" cars and the 600ES was a slightly longer wheelbase, though I'm not
sure if it was still a "K" or considered something else internally.

Interestingly enough, the K platform also had the Chrysler Lebaron,
which was a match to the 400 and later the 600, and the Chrysler
Executive Sedan and Executive Limo. Stretched K cars. From the factory
no less .... talk about a really odd thing to see on the street. (and
I've seen a couple). The Limo still had the base 4 cyl engine in it.
Bet diplomats were lined up `round the block at the local NY Chrysler
dealer to trade in their Benz 600's ....

--
Knowledge is power... Power Corrupts. Study hard... Be Evil.