When I was a kid "cocktail sauce" was ketchup with Old Bay seasoning. In my
wife's family its ketchup with horseradish mixed in.
I'd bet that most of the shrimp eaten in the USA are eaten with ketchup.
-Curt
      From: WILTON via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 9:17 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - A COUNTRY BOY REMEMBERS- HOG KILLING

'Nother ATTABOY for innovation.

'Little incident at dinner/supper this evening proved that my innovative
spirit is still well:  As I approached the table, SWMBO said, "How about
some shrimp tonight.?"  As I replied, "That's great!" she stepped to the
'fridge, opened the door and exclaimed, "Uh-oh, there's only this little bit
of cocktail sauce!"  I took the small bottle from her and observed slightly
less than an inch of sauce in the bottom of it and realized that most of
that would be lost just trying to get it  out of the bottle.  Then I said,
"But we have plenty of ketchup.  Hand me the ketchup, and I'll "stretch" the
cocktail sauce with it."  'Put some ketchup in the cocktail sauce bottle,
shook it well and proceeded to enjoy the shrimp with plenty of "sauce"
without any noticeable difference in taste.

Wilton