Been reading the posts in the digest regarding the power antenna problems.
After disassembling the non functional antenna in my 300SDL and discovering
a broken drive gear, I looked around for an OEM replacement.  Decided
against it when I found the price to be about $160.  Browsed around our
local Advance Auto store, and found a generic replacement for $49.
Installed it in 15 minutes, wired it up to the existing connector, and it's
worked fine ever since.  Now I'll don my Nomex suit and wait for the flames
from the OEM purists.

-brian