      From: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
 To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Monday, March 23, 2015 3:15 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT BBQ

I think mine must be a newer but not better model. It has 3 stainless
steel tubes that run front to back. The venturi is built into the front
end of the tube. They each attach to the front wall of the burner box
with a small stainless bolt threaded into an insert attached to the wall
and protrude through. The brass feeds from the valves just protrude into
the hole in the end of each tube. No cast iron in sight and no physical
attachment.
The inserts were seized and I twisted them out of the metal getting the
burner tubes loose. I had to use a steel strap as a repair patch but
such is life. The BBQ box is deteriorating somewhat. Should be good for
another few years.

RB