Yesterday I was visiting my local PnPs.  First, Row52 is not as up to date on
what is in the yard.  Not all yards use Row52.  It is so useful to have a
listing of what is in the yard so you do not waste your time not finding a car
when you visit.

First yard was barren.  At least of Benz iron.  There were a dozen on the app,
but only two in the yard.  And the old ones from Row52 were gone.  There are
three rows just waiting for new cars... but no benz in the pen.  So I checked
out the new to the neighborhood yard next door.  Pretty lame with maybe three
dozen cars en toto.  I was needing a brake reservoir cap, and a few other tiny
bits.  No joy in those two yards, so i whip out the smart phone and load the
app to see what may be new to some other yards.  There was a 79 SD in the yard,
as well as a 83 D.  I figured the SD would have a viable transmission and maybe
the little bits.  They did have the cap, but some goon had destroyed the
transmission by sticking something overly sharp into the bands.

The injectors were still there and nobody had trashed to much under the hood.
I did get the valve cover off, as well as the hard injector lines.  For some
reason, I did not have the 27mm socket that is always in the tool box, so I was
not able to get my hands on the injectors.  Having a matched set of injectors
would be great, but not being able to snag the injectors, I did not need the
lines.  Damn yard charges too much for parts anyway.  The valve cover set me
back a bundle, because they charge double for aluminum over steel.

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers