Hi all,

Trans in my 350SDL with 289K started acting funny this winter……

If it’s cold out, < 20F,  If i drive off without a 5-10 minute warmup, the
trans goes back and forth on the 3-4 shift.  If I drop it down into 3 for a
mile or two and then put it back into D, it’s shifts OK.   Also, If have to
stop in that 1’st mile or so when cold,  the trans slips. (3K revs and the car
barely moves)

Once it warms up, it shifts fine….hard acceleration from stop gives smooth
shifts;  kick down works fine, too.

A few days ago, it was close to 60 out, and dead cold, it shifted fine.

Don’t know if it’s a B2 modulator (?), a vacuum issue or the trans is just on
it’s way out.  Trans fluid and filter changed religiously every 45K.  A Benz
mechanic told me that if it shifts fine when hot, it’s something external and
not the trans.

Any suggestions?  Other than the usual “wait for the engine to self-destruct?
<g>

Thanks

Angelo Giaimo
1990 350SDL 289K