The 300D is getting more gooder.   I keep swinging wrenches and it feels good
to make this junker work again.

Yesterday I pulled the bits between the shift rod and installed fresh bushings.
 I borrowed the magic tool from my indy, who said I would have to remove the
shifter to get to the fool part.  So, I did.  He told me to not break the
neutral safety switch, so I did not when I removed the arm on the transmission.
 I took all of 30 minutes to crawl under the car and finish the job.

Today I fired it up and it was not happy to light off, but did.  I checked the
transmission fluid level, which was very low, like dry, low.  I slowly filled
it back up to the marks while getting it warm.   When I shifted it out of park
into reverse, it died.  It did the same in D, but not N.  Warmed it up more and
checked that it was at the proper level.  Then it went into reverse with no
trouble, but it will not stay running when it goes into drive.  What am I doing
wrong?

I have to move it because the neighbor from hell decided to call parking
enforcement and it got tagged for being on the street for more than 72 hours.

There is also a power steering fluid leak.  I am thinking I just remove the
pump (which lives under the car, to learn where the leak is.  Reservoir lives
up above, and the hose looks good.  I can not see the lower connection.

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers