That doesn't answer the why? Why does the software need to be cloned for some specific hardware? PCs are pretty much universal these days, aside from some very detailed issues with however their motherboards work to talk to things, but even a lot of that is standard, so you can plug in hard drives and memory and whatever else. What about the car or the software needs to be on "very specific hardware" or is it just some marketing thing? I can't imagine that a Dell talks through the USB port differently from an HP or whatever else.

Maybe I am ignorant and missing something here (that is not multiple choice).

--R